Sunday 20 October 2013

The final car boot bargains of 2013

It was fine first thing, so off we went to the last boot sale of the year.
Not a lot of boots there as rain was forecast for mid morning. Him Outside bought a tub of 75 large metal washers  for a bargain price of £3. I only have his word for them being useful and a bargain!
However his other purchase of a pair of virtually new wellies also for £3 was a good buy.
My big spend was 50p.




I rarely buy magazines as they are such daft prices and full of ads, so was pleased to get these to have a look at for Christmas ideas.

Before the rain arrived we managed to get a chicken shed cleaned out.
While it was raining  I made a couple more cards using the craft papers, peel offs and toppers that I got from Craft Creations with my £10 voucher ( for having a card featured in their readers gallery.)

When the rain stopped we uncovered the path that was concreted yesterday.

Can you imagine walking up and down here between house and farm buildings for 35 years without ever putting down a decent path? We got a concrete path done after just one winter of walking through mud and puddles.


Thank you for comments left over the last few days and welcome to new followers. Thank you for popping in to read about our simple Suffolk smallholding.

My idea for a note about what homemade and home grown food is eaten here each day got a bit repetitive so I may just do it now and again.

I hope your Sunday was quiet an as peaceful as ours. Back tomorrow




MOVED

The blog here has now finished please add my new blog to your list instead                               You will find it here at    ...